Thursday, November 20, 2014

#PrayForFSU - Student Saved From Shooter's Bullet By Backpack Of Books

Posted in: , , ,

Jason Derfuss, a student at Florida State University was one of the targets of a shooter who police killed this morning at the school. But Jason is unharmed and he is thanking God for saving him from the shooter's bullet.

Jason says he was leaving Strozier Library, and was barely 5 ft away from the man when the shooting happened. Luckily, Jason was carrying his backpack and it was full of the books he’d just checked out from the library.

Jason Derfuss shared his testimony on his Facebook page, along with pictures,

"Earlier tonight there was a shooting at FSU, right as I was leaving Strozier. I didn't know this at the time, but the Shooter targeted me first. The shot I heard behind me I did not feel, nor did it hit me at all. He was about 5 feet from me, but he hit my books."

Jason thinks the books played a large part in saving him, but says it's mysterious how they could have done that.

Books one minute earlier I had checked out of the library, books that should not have stopped the bullet. But they did. I learned this about 3 hours after it happened, I never thought to check my bag. I assumed I wasn't a target, I assumed I was fine. 

The student gave all thanks to God.

The truth is I was almost killed tonight and God intervened. I know conceptually He can do all things, but to physically witness the impossible and to be surrounded by such grace is indescribable. To God be the glory, forever and ever, Amen.











Photos - Jason Derfuss/Facebook





No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.