Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Nicki Minaj Opens Up On Teenage Abortion That Has Haunted Her All Her Life

Posted in: ,

In one of the tracks on her new album, Pink Print, Nicki Minaj revealed that her child was an angel in heaven and would've been 16 if he were alive. Because the star had already hinted in her 2008 track Autobiography that she had an abortion as a teenager, many put two and two together.

Now the Anaconda singer has revealed that the abortion has been a secret heartache that has hung over her like a shadow for years. Speaking openly for the first time about her teenage abortion, the 32-year-old rapper says it was the hardest thing in a candid new cover interview with the Rolling Stone magazine.


In All Things Go, Nicki had rapped about a child who would have been the same age as her beloved younger brother Micaiah,

'My child with Aaron would have been 16, any minute/ So in some ways I feel like Caiah is the both of them/ It’s like he’s Caiah’s little angel, looking over him.'

Dailymail reports that Nicki told Rolling Stone about the abortion, saying;

'I thought I was going to die. I was a teenager. It was the hardest thing I’d ever gone through. It's haunted me all my life. It’d be contradictory if I said I wasn’t pro-choice. I wasn’t ready. I didn’t have anything to offer a child.'

The media outlet says "it's a shockingly honest revelation from the tough hip-hop hitmaker, who prefers to keep her private life out of the public domain." Nicki however says she wants her fans to know more about her past through the material on her Pink Print album, telling Rolling Stone;

'One of my goals was to give people a glimpse into my personal life, because it’s something I’ve kept very private.'

Nicki - real name Onika Tanya Maraj - also defends her racy stage persona, insisting she is empowering women;

'I'm a grown-ass fucking woman! I stand for girls wanting to be sexy and dance, but also having a strong sense of themselves. 'If you got a big ol’ butt? Shake it! Who cares? That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be graduating from college.'



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.