Sunday, December 14, 2014

Okoye Wives - Anita & Lola - Celebrate Christmas With Makoko Children

Posted in: , , ,

One of the best treats we can give ourselves at Christmas is to give to others, and see their faces light up. When you can give to those who have not, even better.

Anita and Lola Okoye showed their Christmas spirit as they joined a team of people to organize a Christmas party for the children at a Makoko School. Anita shared pictures and comments on Instagram from the event, stateing how her life's perspective has been affected by the trip. See below...

Hello everyone!! ..these beautiful children changed my perspective on life yesterday. I'm about to flood your timeline with the amazing experience @lolaomotayo and I had, courtesy of @kinabuti and other sponsors at the Christmas Party for the kids at Makoko


Makoko is a peculiar world, it is a neighborhood right here in Lagos. The residents have homes on the lagoon and you might have seen them while driving on the third mainland bridge.


These children attend the floating school (in the first picture) and @kinabuti decided to organize a Christmas party for the kids. It was a fun and life-altering experience for me as I learnt not to sweat the little stuff and be grateful for all I have. It shows how genuinely happy people can be in any situation. I connected with a lot of these children and cannot wait to go back to Makoko

 #Thankful #Blessed #ILoveMakoko #LoveTheseChildren

Our boat couldn't get to the school, so the only option was a "banana boat" and I was so scared (f.y.i: I'm a big chicken, lol) but my brave sis @lolaomotayo wanted to even paddle us to Makoko!! #MemorableSaturday!!


Amazing smiles from beautiful kids. I am so thankful for this experience.



1 comment:

  1. Thats so nice. Giving, especially to people that wont/cant pay you back in kind is the most fulfilling of all.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.