Monday, December 1, 2014

Political Aide Elizabeth Lauten Resigns After Insulting Sasha & Malia Obama

Posted in: , , ,

Elizabeth Lauten was trending over the weekend for insulting and some say, bullying comments she made about Malia and Sasha Obama after the two teenage first daughters stepped out with their dad, President Obama for the turkey pardon on Thanksgiving day.

Now, the communications director for Republican senator, Stephen Fincher has resigned her job. Lauten wrote a Facebook post criticizing the clothes Malia and Sasha Obama wore on the day as well as their behavior in the televised ceremony.

READ ALSO - 16 Year Old Malia Obama Now As Tall As Parents

Below is her initial comments according to screenshots posted by Gawker on Saturday. Lauten later deleted the post.

Dear Sasha and Malia, I get you’re both in those awful teen years, but you’re a part of the First Family, try showing a little class. At least respect the part you play. Then again your mother and father don’t respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I’m guessing you’re coming up a little short in the ‘good role model’ department. Nevertheless, stretch yourself. Rise to the occasion. Act like being in the White House matters to you. Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar. And certainly don’t make faces during televised public events.

When she deleted the post above, she shared another one to apologize for the rant.

"I wanted to take a moment and apologize for a post I made on Facebook earlier today judging Sasha and Malia Obama at the annual White House turkey pardon ceremony: When I first posted on Facebook, I reacted to an article and quickly judged the two young ladies in a way that I would never have wanted to be judged myself as a teenager. After many hours of prayer, talking to my parents and re-reading my words online, I can see more clearly how hurtful my words were. Please know that these judgmental feelings truly have no place in my heart. Furthermore, I'd like to apologize to all of those who I have hurt and offended with my words, and pledge to learn and grow (and I assure you I have) from this experience."

HuffPo reports that Elizabeth Lauten's post has been updated to show that she has formally resigned Monday.

I believe she was too harsh, and for a grown woman, and a communications person, it was a terrible situation to put oneself. We should think before we speak, and have compassion in our hearts! Like a writer for Global Grind says;

When publicly airing your grievances, Ms. Lauten, children should be off limits. Do not underestimate the long-term effects your casual, yet hateful comments can have on minors. Bullying is unacceptable...

Some people are so used to judging and sniping at everything they see that they don't know where to draw the line. I hope the Obama daughters are not to fussed by this.



2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! HER WORLD IS WAYYYY TO SMALL, WHEN YOU GO AND PICK ON KIDS.. THESE ARE CHILDREN AND WE SHOULD EXPECT THEM TO ACT LIKE CHILDREN.. QUIT TRYING TO MAKE KIDS BE ADULTS, THAT'S WHATS REALLY WRONG WITH THE WORLD TODAY... I CAN APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT SHE RESIGNED. THANK GOD! ONE DOWN AND TOO MANY TO GO! BUT BY ALL MEANS.. GET A LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.