Saturday, February 14, 2015

Head-butting Walmart Customer Charged After Fight With Store Employee [Video]

Posted in: , , , ,

A Texas Walmart customer has been charged with assault after getting caught on video head-butting a tax-prep employee during a heated spat inside a store in Deer Park. The video showed Albitz and Keener exchanging harsh words. Albitz then head-butted Keener, who grabbed Albitz and slammed her head into a table and then on the floor.

Bigger and taller than the customer, the store employee seemed to have the upper hand in the fight. After the fight, she could be heard saying, “You better get her. You better get her. She coming in here messing with me. I’m at work.”

But the customer, Jessica Albitz, appeared unrepentant about last weekend’s altercation with Alice Keener of Jackson Hewitt. Albitz told told CNN, that Keener was “very rude” to her and her husband at Jackson Hewitt the day before the fight. Then when Albitz returned the next day to shop, she said Keener mumbled to her from her cubicle.

“I would do it all over again and harder. I hope I broke her nose. I hope she has two black eyes, and I hope she remembers me for the rest of her life.”

“Her curtain was open about this far, and she mumbled under her breath some profound language. I turned around and said something back, and she got out her cubicle and chased me to the entrance.

"She spit in my face, calling my mother a (expletive). I’m sorry. I love my family and I’m going to take up for my people.”

Keener originally declined to press charges, but police said she changed her mind after discovering her injuries were more severe than she first thought; two of her upper teeth are loose because of the head-butt, KTRK reported.



Deer Park police said they presented the new information to the District Attorney’s office and a charge of Class A assault was accepted.

Albitz is not happy about the charges, and also that she has been banned from the store.

“It’s unjust to charge me with a crime when she came after me,If one should be charged, we both should be. I don’t regret what I did. I defended myself and my family.”

“For the remainder of my life, I am no longer allowed to go to Walmart on Spencer Highway.”

Keener, the store employee did not get away completely. She was placed Keener on administrative leave by her other employer, Jackson Hewitt city. Her boss said he was shocked by the video and is now investigating if Keener violated the city’s code of conduct.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.