Friday, February 20, 2015

Interviewee Abuses Train Passenger Who Turns Out To Be HR Exec at Hiring Company

Posted in: , ,

It pays to be kind and nice and polite and all things good at all times, and this story is a perfect example of that. HR executive Matt Buckland has narrated how a man pushed past him and told him to go 'f*** himself' as they were both getting off a packed train at Monument Station in central London on Monday Feb. 16th.

He said the man insulted him because he'd stood aside to let a woman off the train. Thinking he was deliberately standing in the way, the man, a job seeker, pushed him aside and told him to f**k off.

Matt told Buzzfeed;

"I was on my way into work on the Tube on Monday morning during rush hour. I stood to one side to let a lady get by, and ended up blocking a man momentarily. I think he thought I was just standing in his way. He pushed and I turned, I explained I was getting off too but he pushed past and then looked back and suggested I might like to f*** myself,which might have been true but not before a few cups of coffee' 

Well, guess what? Hours later, the same man walked in for an interview at investment firm Forward Partners where Mr Buckland is a senior executive and head of recruitment.

Despite the heated exchange, the job seeker did not recognise his interviewer as soon as he arrived. So Mr Buckland asked him a few train abuse related questions until the the shocked man realized that his interviewer is actually the same man he had abused earlier in the day.

The head of recruitment said he did not hold it against the interviewee, but the man was not offered the job.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.