Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Uma Thurman’s New Look - Makeup Artist Says It's Only Makeup

Posted in: , , , ,

Uma Thurman made headlines after pictures emerged of her on the red carpet at the premiere party for the upcoming TV series ‘The Slap’ on Feb. 9. With visibly smoother skin and defined cheekbones, fans and doctors immediately began to speculate that she had gotten plastic surgery, including brow lift to cheek fillers, botox and the likes!

Now, her makeup artist Troy Surratt, has spoken out about the controversy saying that as far as he knows, the change in her appearance is all due to makeup. I think I agree with him that makeup can cause such a difference in how one looks. Remember the marked change in some of these before and after makeup looks RML has posted in the past? Click here to check them out..

Uma’s makeup artist Troy told PEOPLE:

“Frankly, I’m quite surprised by the conversation. By now I would have thought that we were all open to and knowledgeable of the role that makeup plays in the world of fashion and particularly celebrity, as a medium for creative self expression. I think that women should feel open and free to experiment with different beauty looks — it’s only makeup, at the end of the day it all washes off.”

“I wanted to give Uma a statement lip balanced by a more feathered brow. Uma and I discussed creating a look that was more editorial with soft natural lashes. As a makeup artist I’ve grown a bit tired of all of the lash-y looks and fake eyelashes that we’ve been seeing on the red carpet for some time now.”

“I prepped Uma’s skin by massaging with Creme de la Mer ‘The Concentrate. I applied a glowing foundation using a BeautyBlender for a super natural look. When the makeup was finished we misted her face with Tatcha’s Luminous Dewy Skin Mist for added radiance.”

“The face is sectioned into three equal parts lending a visual balance and allowing the mouth to be the star of the face. Her lip color was a combination of Surratt Automatique Lip Crayon in Mégalomane mixed with Surratt Lipslique in Pecadille.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.