Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Woman Says Hasn't Smiled For 40 Years, And This Keeps Away Wrinkles

Posted in: ,

Tess Christian, 50, insists she isn’t devoid of humour, but says she simply made a conscious decision not to laugh or smile. This is one decision the mom of one has maintained for nearly 40 years, and she says she didn't smile even at the birth of her daughter.

Her reason? Tess says that maintaining a perennial poker face is a crucial way to keeping her looks youthful and wrikle free.


‘I don’t have wrinkles because I have trained myself to control my facial muscles. Everyone asks if I’ve had Botox, but I haven’t, and I know that it’s thanks to the fact I haven’t laughed or smiled since I was a teenager. My dedication has paid off, I don’t have a single line on my face. Yes, I am vain and want to remain youthful. My strategy is more natural than Botox and more effective than any expensive beauty cream or facial.’


Tess opened up to Daily Mail, and said her the decision to refrain from smiling didn’t start off as an anti-ageing device, but was caused by the strict Catholic school she attended as a child.

‘The joyless nuns there didn’t like children to smile. I was always told to wipe the smile off my face so I learnt to smirk instead. If I did smile I developed big hamster cheeks that made me look deranged. I looked up to old-school Hollywood icons such as Marlene Dietrich for inspiration; she never smiled and I loved the way she smouldered glamorously.’

So do you think any reason is worth it to keep yourself from smiling? For me, I think smiling and laughing are so natural that the amount of effort required to keep a poker face will give one a heart attack one day. What's the need of having a line-free face and dying before your time. Abeg jor, if you really enjoy life, then laugh it off!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.