Monday, March 16, 2015

Patience Jonathan on President Goodluck's Re-election - 'We must complete our eight years'

Posted in: , ,

First Lady Patience Jonathan has spoken out for her husband’s re-election at a women's rally in Benin, Edo State, where she insisted that President Goodluck Jonathan must complete a second term in office, saying, “everybody is staying there for eight years. Now it’s our turn. We must complete our eight years.” On APC taking her to the ICC for comments that purportedly seek to incite violence, she said;

“I am a peaceful person and I preach peace anywhere I go. They are looking for a fight; they are looking for war. They are troublesome people. That is why they went and took expired drugs. Now they are crying. They are the people stoning people and nobody talked.”

According to The Nation, the First Lady is also said to have referred to some drama that ensued after there were issues with  booking of the Ogbemudia Stadium for her rally and a separate event by Aisha Buhari, wife of Muhammadu Buhari. “They are dragging stadium with me, but me I am ready to go to the street and do my campaign.”

On the APC Presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, she said,

“They were there years back. They have nothing to offer. Ask them: what did they offer us when they were there. They were in Aso Rock before. What did they forget in Aso Rock that they want to go and take? Days are gone when old people will continue to dominate us.”

On insinuations that she mismanages finances, the First Lady added:

“I don’t have a budget, no constitutional rights. Will you now say I am corrupt? I am not holding your money. I don’t have budget attached to my office. Go and probe me and see if I have your money.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.