Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Now will you help me write my future? Real Love Story

Posted in: , ,
So you might have been wondering who N from the last post was. It's The Wordsmythe. She has her blog HERE, and is also a writer, and aspiring author. She is blogging every week this year, so make sure to follow her. Read on...


It was Sunday the 16th of February 2003, two days after Valentine’s Day. Another Valentine’s Day which had come and gone with no significant other for me! That was about to change!

The pastor asked us to pair up, share a prayer point each and pray for one another. For some strange reason and in quick time, everyone around me was partnered up leaving me to wander around the aisle looking for some other hapless soul.

It turned out that everyone in the auditorium had a partner except for me so the pastor asked me to be a third wheel to whichever pair would let me. I looked around noticed this tall, dark and handsome guy (I mean that literally) grinning like the cat who got all the cream. I’d never seen this guy in church before so I thought he might be visiting. He and his partner beckoned me over and we prayed for each other having shared our requests.

After the service, I got talking with the guy. It turned out he’d been attending the church for a while. We exchanged e-mail address and promised to stay in touch. I also asked him to give a friend a ride when he told me where he lived.

For the next two weeks we communicated by email, getting to know each other. As I read his emails, he struck me as the type of man I’d been praying about for a husband. He seemed caring, generous, kind and chivalrous. He cared deeply about his family and seemed loyal to his friends. I could tell he was a conscientious worker as well.

Our first telephone conversation lasted about four hours, going on into the early hours of the morning. Needless to say, neither of us was very productive at work that day. A month to the day we met, again after a church service, he handed me a tatty little exercise book. It was his maths book from primary school. In it, he’d written a note which read;

This is my past. Now will you help me write my future?


That marked the beginning of our 17 month courtship.

In November 2003, we went on to visit with his family on the East Coast of America. A friend of mine who lived in Canada at the time was visiting her cousin upstate New York so we decided to go and see her.

We wanted to see the Empire State building but the queue was an hour long so I said we should leave off and do something else. He offered to pay for the fast-track queue but it would have cost something like an additional $50 or $60 each. I thought that was a waste of money.

He suggested we go to Central Park. I couldn’t imagine traipsing around the park in New York’s sub-zero November temperatures so again, I said no. Finally we were at Grand Central waiting for a coach back Hightstown when he asked me to go with him to see the lights in the grand hall. By this time I was exhausted from a full day out and turned him down yet again.

We got back to his aunt’s and were in the middle of a conversation when he got up, went to the dining table, then came back. Before I could make sense of what was going on, he got down on one knee and held out a diamond ring! Apparently he’d planned to propose atop the Empire State building, in Central Park or the Grand Central Station and I’d thwarted everyone of his plans.

He reeled off a speech but to this day, I don’t know what he said as I burst into tears and covered my face with my hands, overwhelmed by it all. I said yes and the rest is not history at all! We got married in August 2004 and have two sons.Our marriage has been like wine, it’s gotten better with age and he’s still as romantic as ever, if not more.


_________

Now, now now, that is not the end. I just have to share this post of N's 40th Birthday with you. Mo'Cushla made sure was one of a kind. This kind love eh? LOL...CLICK HERE

PS. More love stories on the way o...



23 comments:

  1. Aww, too qt.
    ...this kind luv eh?...I neva see in type o...

    y do women always mess up the guys surprises, I've done it way too many times and I c it as a trend in most ladies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry, I'd like chapter 3 pls, crushthots@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful LOVE story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting reading from her own point of view...gosh she did not know what was running through his head but God found a way of bringing them together :-)

    She must have been very excited with the proposal. May God continue to bless their marriage and add more smiles to their faces.

    Ran off to read the post on her 40th birthday...love it when a man pampers a woman like that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Myne O Myne!
    Do keep up the good work!

    There is always something to look forward to on this page!
    More grace dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWW!
    her husband is so romantic. God bless them both.

    #Note2self do not mess up the proposal plans oh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Lord. I believe in love!

    Myne, why are you making me confused, yearning and hungry like this. its not fair ooo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wondered what her own view would be and it is just as interesting. She didnt know that the guy had been "scoping" her all this time but his smile got her. I wish them many more years to love together.

    Her 40th birthday story was a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, bless. Thank God for testimonies like this which prove that marriage to the right person is a thing of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This kind love really.....

    Really beautiful story! Guess his grinning attracted her....lol. Great telling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wordsmythe? thats an old blogger!!! where has she been...


    Aw..love the story


    Myne pls keep this series up! you are overkilling it

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an inspiring story! It's obvious they've both got a lot of that spiritual fruit known as patience. Or is it longsuffering?

    ReplyDelete
  13. "This is my past. Now will you help me write my future?".....that's the best "will u be my girl" line that I've heard in my life!!!!


    Please, does he have a brother??? lol...May God continue to endow them with end less joy, love, and peace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a WONDERFUL love story! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep, the maths book is really creative and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i concur with blessing! nice line!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soooooooooo romantic. The guy wasn't rigid in his proposal plans, either way he was still gonna propose that day. Uhmmm... romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love N's side of the story too. Very lovely read. Is it not funny how she (you women) thwarted the young man's plans of proposing at a very awesome place? hahaha
    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  19. @LDP, LOL...that's the danger of a surprise, but make no mistake, we love it still!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank You so much Myne and God bless wordsmythe.....​​​am so enthralled I can barely speak.

    A ǤơơD̶̲̥̅̊ marriage is sure amen

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ H & LDP, I know it looked like I ruined his romantic proposal plans but it was still beautiful to me when and where he did propose.

    @ Blessing, really sorry, he's an only son so no brother unfortunately.

    @Doll, yes I'm an old blogger but stopped blogging regularly due to various reasons. However I'm back now with a vengeance. I hope you'll stop by to read regularly.

    Thanks everyone for your kind words. May God bless each and everyone of us with a love story like no other. I look forward to reading them all.

    God bless you,

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful love story! Love the romance!!

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.