Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pregnant Kate Middleton and Old Wives Tales

Posted in: , , ,

So the Duchess of Cambridge is fully showing these days and the buzz is about whether it's a boy or a girl. I tried to predict Kim Kardashian's belly using the old wives method that says round tummies are girls and longer tummies are boys. But it seems there are many old wives.

Word from the Frisky says, when one carries a low pregnancy tummy, like Kate Middleton, it is going to be a girl. Nowadays, it's easy enough to find out the sex of the baby but some women and couples choose to wait like Kate Middleton.

So who knows of other old wives pregnancy predictions? For those who have had children, did you find out by scanning? If not, did you play guessing games and how did it turn out?




10 comments:

  1. I've heard that when its a boy, you have less issues during pregnancy....but really I don't think these things work jare :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me a penny for my tots myne :D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The penny is on the way, lol...now I'm looking for the thoughts :)

      Delete
  3. I think she's going to have a girl too, she reminds me of my aunt's preganancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she looks so cute. i wont mind looking like this when I am pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard - "if a mother is glowing, has very clear skin, its a girl. But if she has breakouts during pregnancy, "rough" face, skin...she's having a boy" I studied a few pregnant women around me and strangely, it seems to follow. So..I don't know o...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I desperately hope this your theory wworks for me cos what I've heard is rthe other way around

      Delete
  6. I didnt check the sex of my baby till i was 7month and it was a boy though i wanted a girl but i was happy cause i didnt go through much stress throughout d period.i've heard that when its a boy, you have less issues during pregnancy is true cause and all through my pregnancy i was never sick for once but a friend that was pregnant at the same time she was totally broken down fron rough skin to swollen face and very big belly that everybody tot she was going to have twins but fortunately she had a girl.

    so when i see pregnant women i can predict what they are having through dat belly and face

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always *knew* I was having a boy, and cannot point to carrying low/high, acne, or any other indicator. I just knew.

    That said, when someone is expecting, the correct answer, when somebody asks, "Do you want a boy or a girl?" Is "Yes." You don't want it to get back to your child, EVER, that he or she isn't exactly what you wanted.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.