Monday, August 11, 2014

Kerry Washington Admits It Was Tough Being Olivia Pope While Pregnant

Posted in: , ,

Kerry Washington welcomed her first child with husband Nnamdi Asomugha, daughter Isabelle Amarachi Asomugha, back in April. So for most of the last season of Scandal, the 37-year-old Scandal actress was pregnant, and she successfully concealed her baby bump to play Olivia Pope on the TV show.

However, Kerry admits she struggled with the emotional roller coaster of being pregnant while filming Scandal where her character Olivia Pope was not pregnant. Kerry revealed to The Hollywood Reporter;

"All of last season was a challenge for me, on a few levels. For one thing, I was going through this amazing physical transition, this physical journey of having a baby, that my character was not going through. And I work very physically. What I do is often grounded in the body. That meant I had to figure out how to be this woman while my instrument was changing and evolving every day. It was like seeing the keys on a piano jump around on a daily basis. It was tough for me to even maintain Olivia's walk because of the changes.

At the same time, everything I understood about Olivia unraveled because of the storylines. The season really broke me. I'm a Type A actor who likes to have it all figured out going in, but suddenly I had no idea where this woman was going to go next. I had to jump in without everything being perfect. I felt like I had been in control playing the character, but it all got taken away from me last season. That meant my acting toolbox had to be upgraded. I had to trade in my screwdriver and hammer for a Black and Decker power tool."

After some time off with her new baby, the actress is back to work on the set of the TV series, sharing the following snaps on social media.

Olivia Pope's Glam Squad

New shoes for Olivia Pope



1 comment:

  1. I love those shoes! Reminds me when Olivia was always in white, last season not so much, and they were just hide hideing her preggy belly lol...

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.