Monday, February 4, 2013

Linda Ikeji - You don’t need any Aristo to give you anything

Posted in: ,
Linda Ikeji with her two cars

When I featured Linda Ikeji and her inspirational book in 2010, her blog was just on the verge of taking off. Today, she is the foremost personal and celebrity blogger based in Nigeria. I said back then that Linda "inspires me with her humility, can-do-spirit, her consistency and the open mind with which she draws in people. She doesn't mind helping where she can and sometimes offers. You know that mantra, let's all be great together? That is Linda."

When my first book, A Heart to Mend, came out in Nigeria, Linda happily and without stress or asking for payment put up the press release on her blog. Since then, I've been a close follower of her blog, and when I feel down and like I'm tired of this online work here and on naijastories, I think of Linda Ikeji, Bella Naija, and I recharge myself.

Recently, Linda added a 2011 Infiniti FX 35 SUV to the Camry she already owns. In her thank you note posted on her blog, she said some things, in addition to the title above, that has further endeared her to me. Hear her;


I put this up for two reasons:
1. To show off of course…why else? Lol
And 2, to encourage other ladies out there to keep working hard and keep believing in themselves. You don’t need any aristo to give you anything…any woman with will and drive can can give herself anything she wants!

By this time two years ago, I didn’t have much…but I never stopped believing in myself and I never stopped working hard. I can’t even begin to count how many businesses I put my hands into before one paid off - Blogging! I told myself that I will make it in this life one day as my own woman and on my own terms, that no man will ever take away my dignity…and I did it. So can you! Yes, you! You have the power!

This is probably a good time to say this… I’m starting a youth empowerment programme called I’d rather be SELF MADE, but I will tell y’all more about it later.

Lastly, if you’ve ever opened this blog to read its content, thank you! You can’t begin to imagine how much you’ve changed my life! Kisses!!!





Linda, you deserve this and more. I know you're wise enough and grounded enough to have made the best decisions for yourself. I wish you more success, joy and fulfillment. Your work ethics are surely an inspiration for me, and your life choices will inspire many modern Nigerian women. Well done!




6 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about her
    I love her personality.
    I pray God continues to bless her with more success

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... I read this earlier on Linda's blog and honestly I was very inspired, inspired to keep my dreams alive and to continue to work towards being the person that I want to be. I am sure a lot of people learnt a thing or two from her putting up her car pictures and for the post. I like that she was very honest and encouraged everyone to work harder. I guess it doesn't get better than that, she seems to be a lovely person But trust people to be envious and talk rubbish about her when they are supposed to rejoice with her and find a way to better their own lives.
    It's good that you put this up, at least more people can read and learn. Aristo might work for some but it is not the way.x


    Ps: Myne I hope you know that you are also a good role model, I said the same to Eya too

    www.spynaija.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats great for her. If you love what you do, the rewards are endless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspired and smiling!....Looking forward to 'SELF MADE'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I worked with Linda a loooong time ago when she was a model and auditioned for some Pepsi thang... even then, there was a quiet determination about her that stood her apart. I have never been a big follower of Bloggers but I must say, I am shameless and proud enough to acknowledge: I once knew this person. Great story. Well done Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Linda has certainly done well for herself. Though I've had reservations about some of her posts in the past, she has done a lot of good work to raise awareness on a number of issues in Nigeria. She is a great role model for young women. I was going to do a post about Linda and her statement but you did a good job here, Myne.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.