Friday, November 7, 2014

Kelly Ripa Explains Why She's Mom Not Friend To Her Teenage Daughter

Posted in: ,

Kelly Ripa is an actress best known for her Morning Show, Live with Kelly and Michael, and as a guest on the Wendy Williams Show, Kelly has just confessed that her oldest daughter, Lola, 13, isn't her biggest fan, and she's cool with that.

Ripa, 44,  told Wendy Williams that not only is she a source of embarrassment for her teen, but recently, she and her husband, Mark Consuelos, were forced to punish their daughter.

"I don't think she likes me, but I don't care. I'm like, 'I'm not your friend, I'm your mom. I just feel an obligation as her mom to keep her living in the real world. I don't care who you are or what you do, if you're a mom, you're a mom."

Ripa said she revoked their daughter's phone and Internet privileges because she was using her phone when she was supposed to be studying Spanish. Ripa added that the punishment fit the crime.

"She broke the rules ...I'm like, 'You're half-Mexican. Your grandmother is a Spanish teacher. You're not allowed to fail Spanish. It's the one thing you're not allowed to fail!'"

The only reason she realized her daughter had been using the phone when she sat Instagram notifications flash on the home screen -- and Lola isn't supposed to have her phone in her room when she's doing homework, anyway.

"We're very fair parents and we will give you certain freedoms, but... you can't have privacy and be on Instagram," she said. "That's not how it works."






No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.