Friday, November 7, 2014

RML Woman : Funke Phillips - Mom and Business Woman

Posted in: ,

Funke Phillips is the mum of 3 adorable girls. She runs a business that deals in the supply of gifts and souvenir items in Lagos. Three words she uses to describe herself are weird, funny and random.

Her favorite thing to do is to read.....and yes, she loves watching movies too. Not to forget she loves food. And wine. And beer. Check out our RML Exclusive chat below...

Q: What was your first job?

The first job I had was as an office assistant......for my mum.

Q: Is what you are doing now remotely like what your 16 year old self thought you would be?

Not at all. The 16 yr old Funke thought she was going to be a travel writer.....roaming the globe, drinking wine and penning articles.

Q: Who inspires you?

My mum inspires me. I see how hard life was for her yet she went on and made something of it. She was amazing. She's passed now so my memories of her inspire me.

Q: How does social networking help you? What social networks do you use?

Social network helps me in getting my self and my brand out there. It's a whole other world out there. Facebook, Twitter, instagram and LinkedIn are the sites I usually use.

Q: Everyone has a favourite though, what is your favourite social network?

My favourite would be Facebook.




Q: Life balance is important. Do you take time-out from online are always connected?

I take time out occasionally so I can focus on real life. My home, my kids, my business.....

Q: What is your favourite item of clothing and why?

I love a good pair of jean pants. I like them because you can dress it up or down as you please.

Q: What’s your personal motto?

My personal motto is "Life's too short, Dont think about it, Just do you"

Q: What is your favourite flavour of icecream?

I am an Icecream whore. I change favourites like I'm experimenting with nail polish. Every week, I have a new favourite.


Q: What is the first thing you bought with your first proper pay cheque?

A Sony Disc man. That's the first thing I bought with my first proper pay cheque. It was a huge deal at the time.

Q: If we looked in your handbag right now, what would we find?

My handbag is filled with all sorts. Gum, safety pins, hand sanitiser, comb, Advil, baby wipes, tooth brush, razor blades, 3D glasses, car keys etc I don't know how half these things find their way into my bag. Lol. One time, I saw the cable remote in my bag.

Q: If you were a super hero what would your power be?

Invisibility. That would be my super hero power.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.