Thursday, March 19, 2015

Meet Bearded Lady With PCOS Who Loves Herself As She Is [Photos]

Posted in: , ,

Harnaam Kaur, 24, from the UK, suffers from polycystic ovary syndrome, a reproductive condition that can lead to male-pattern hair growth in some women, and says she now loves her beards and have stopped trying to get rid of it. Harnaam said hair on her chin started growing when she was just 11 years old and she had to endure years of bullying and people making fun of her.

Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a health problem that can affect a woman's hormone levels, periods, and ovulation, as well as fertility and pregnancy. Acne, excessive hair growth, and weight gain are some of the physical symptons of PCOS in some women.

Harnaam, who was photographed as one of the people with the most beautiful beards in the UK, had once attempted suicide, and in the past she had tried to wax, bleach and shave the beard. She equally tried to get rid of hair which also started growing on her chest and arms but finally decided to stop after being baptised as a Sikh, a religion that forbids the cutting of body hair.

She's now speaking up about her new-found confidence. Speaking during an appearance on This Morning, Harnaam said:

"At the end of the day, I love myself and the way that I'm formed. Going through primary and secondary school with the facial hair, kids can be nasty. It led me to self harm and wanting to take my own life. It takes a lot of strength to say, 'I want to kill myself. A split second is all it took. That thought process really empowered me to just carry on with life.

"I'm more spiritual now than I am religious, I live my life the way I see fit. I stand for what I am. To be labelled as a woman you can look however you want."










No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.